National Academy of young scientists (NAYS) is going to initiate major project “NAYS science and society” to provide the better understanding of science and technology and its impact in our daily life. As Pakistan is a developing country so many people don’t know much about the importance and uses of basic and social sciences in daily life. Therefore we are starting this project to facilitate awareness among people of Pakistan.
Our main objective is to create awareness about all the positive and negative impacts of science and how to deal with them in society.
1. To promote scientific culture in our society.
2. To provide a common guiding platform for prospective science students and other people.
3. To plan and direct funds for the promotion of different scientific fields in our society.
4. To keep our people updated with the mainstream scientific world with the publication of science related articles bulletins etc.
5. To organize field projects such as workshops, seminars, lectures on recent advancement in scientific research and development in different field with special emphasis on basic sciences.
Miss Aasma Saleem was born in Rawalpindi. She got her secondary school and higher secondary school education from well known institutes of cantt and garrison Rawalpindi. She did her graduation from F.G. College for women Kashmir road Rawalpindi cantt. She moved to Lahore for post graduation from department of physics, University of Engineering and Technology (UET) Lahore in applied physics. Currently she is working as lecturer at AAPS & C Rawalpindi cantt and also performing her duties as HOD physics department at AAPS&C. she joined NAYS as editor science world and news in May 2010.